ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: The World's Easiest Pie Crust

Friday, November 23, 2007

The World's Easiest Pie Crust

This Sweet Potato Pecan Pie recipe was so good I had to make it again. The last time I used store bought crust. This time I'm making my own crust. This is from Have Your Cake and Eat It Too by Susan Purdy. I was very skeptical about oil pie crust but this one came out crusty - flaky - nutty - and delicious. Best of all - there are no dishes to clean up.



Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/3 cup extra light tasting olive oil (or canola oil)

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons soy milk

Directions
  1. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a 9-inch pie dish.

  2. Add oil and milk. With your fingers, gently rub the mixture together and gather into a ball.

  3. Press the mixture into the pie dish

  4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

  5. My pie recipe requires a pre-baked crust, so I line the pie crust with aluminum foil. Weight the pie with a pound of dry red beans and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. And then reduce the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes.