ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Mini Sweet Potato Pecan Pies

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mini Sweet Potato Pecan Pies

We had a Thanksgiving party at the office today. Each of us brought food to share. I brought this. This is the first sweet potato pie I have ever made and it came out great! Everybody at the office loved it. Rebecca even said that these mini pies won the tastiest award of the day - although she always said she loved my food whenever I gave her anything to eat, it was still flattering.



I got the recipe from Simply Recipe - my favourite food blog. I baked mine in muffin pans and got 16 mini pies. I figured they would be easier to carry and if there were leftover, they wouldn't look like leftover. I could give them to my friends after work. It's just that there were only crumbs left by the end of the first hour.

I used 3 frozen pie crusts from the supermarket, divided and pressed into greased muffin pans. The pies baked for about 20 to 22 minutes at 375 degrees in my oven. And because I made mini pies, I chopped all the pecans instead of just half so that I can drop them easily.

I need to find excuses to make more of these. They are delicious... Maybe I'll start baking mini pies for birthday parties instead of cupcakes.