ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Generation "Why?"

Friday, November 16, 2007

Generation "Why?"


Oh, I just love this book "Hipster Haiku". Jessica gave it to me the other night, and it is such a perfect, clever, snarky commentary on the Hipsters that we have in abundance in San Francisco. Just spend an afternoon at Ritual Coffee in the Mission and you will see what I mean. Tatoos, pale skin, Skinny Jeans, piercings, colored hair and MacBooks abound. As well as a heaviness in the air caused by the overflow of ennui. (the coffee is out of this world, though).

Here are some of my favorites:

Crafty on the BART
En route to 24th Street
Knitting legwarmers

For the love of God
Please, please read the memo:
No more trucker caps

Online personal:
Seventeen bands I like and
Where I went to school

My fancy gay friend
Is secretly intrigued by
My Stitch n Bitch night

Proudly we unveil
A cocktail whose time has come:
Schlitz and Prosecco