ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: The World According to ME ME MEEEEEEE!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The World According to ME ME MEEEEEEE!

Which is exactly as it should be, no?

So listen up, music lovers, I am going to clue you in to one of the coolest sites ever. It's called Pandora, and it is an interactive site where you choose a band or song and it plays a selection of related tracks in a continuous stream, in the format of a "radio station".

You can create multiple stations on your account, according to your different tastes and moods (almost like having a Playlist that searches your music for you, except that their database is much bigger). So I started off with "The Decemberists" for some indie rock, and got songs by them, Yo La Tengo, Special Needs, etc etc. A window with the artist and title pops up so you can rate the selections, and so that Pandora can get more acquainted with your tastes. I decided I wanted to hear some electronica, so then I created an "Underworld" station. Now I am listening to a song by some guy named Yoshimoto that has a similar kind of driving beat - love it!

When you sign up, you can either pay $36/year to have advertising-free multiple-channel access, or you can be a cheapie like me and choose "free radio". Just for signing up, you get a thank-you note in your email in-box and a picture of a cute guy who I would assume to be the founder of the site, Tim. I'm gonna assume it, because in my fantasy I am laying in the tub while cutie Tim is playing all of my favorite music and simultaneously dusting and cooking dinner.

Fuck, I just knew my day would come some time. All I had to do was open Pandora's box!