ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Apple Cobbler

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Apple Cobbler

I said to someone over the past week that I preferred crisps to cobblers. They are both fruit-full dessert with the same level of ease to prepare. Then I wondered if that's still true since I haven't had a cobbler or made one for a long long time.

After a batch of these Granny Smith apple cobbler (which disappeared within 2 days), I had to admit that I lied. I love cobblers. I want to make more of them.



Ingredients
  • 6 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced thinly

  • 1/2 cup Agave nectar - divided

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 1 egg

  • 3 tablespoons light tasting olive oil

  • 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt

  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour

  • 1 cup wholewheat flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees

  2. In a large bowl, toss apples, 1/4 cup of Agave nectar and cinnamon together. Transfer to a deep dish pie dish or 9x9 baking dish.

  3. In another bowl, beat egg, oil, Agave nectar and yogurt until well combined.

  4. Mix all purpose flour, wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Stir into the wet ingredients with wooden spoons.

  5. When almost all the flour gets wet (it's ok to have some dry streaks), spoon onto the fruit. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool for about 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.