ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Lemon Margarita Cupcakes

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Lemon Margarita Cupcakes

I know. Margarita is supposed to be with limes. I had only lemons at the time I made these. What would a girl do in the middle of a cold rainy night trying to make cupcakes without limes? I substitute.

I saw a few margarita cupcake recipes on the internet but I decided to just use my favorite cupcake recipe.

I brought these to the new year party and they were a hit. One of the guys said they were the best cupcakes he had ever eaten. (He was slightly drunk and thought I hit on him when I asked if I could quote him.)



Ingredients (I got 40 small cupcakes)
  • 2 sticks butter - room temperature

  • 2 cups sugar

  • 4 eggs

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup buttermilk

  • lemon juice and zest from 2 lemons

  • 2 tablespoons tequila


  • 1 stick butter - room temperature

  • 1 bar cream cheese

  • 2 cups confectioner sugar

  • lemon juice and zest from 2 lemons

  • 2 tablespoons tequila


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with liners.

  2. With electric mixer, beat 2 sticks of butter and 2 cups of sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.

  3. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.

  4. Alternately stir flour mixture and buttermilk into the batter in three batches.

  5. Add lemon juice, zest and tequila.

  6. When the batter is well combined, spoon by tablespoonful into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 17-18 minutes.

  7. When the cupcakes completely cool, prepare frosting by beat all the ingredients together until light and well blended. Generously frost each cupcake.