ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Olive Oil Loaf Cake

Monday, January 21, 2008

Olive Oil Loaf Cake

My God. A cake without an ounce of butter. A cake made with extra virgin olive oil and yogurt. This might be the recipe I have been waiting for. And it has to be really good because it's from Dorie Greenspan.



I made the cake from all wholewheat flour, half a cup of Agave Nectar instead of sugar, and non-fat yogurt instead of whole fat yogurt and the cake still came out super delicious.

I think the texture and crumbs from my cake looked a little more coarse than the one from original recipe's picture. But I really like it. I could smell olive oil in the cake which went really well with lime.

It's less guilt kind of cake to eat.