ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Mojito Cupcakes or Mint-Lime Cupcakes with Lime and Rum Creamcheese Frosting

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mojito Cupcakes or Mint-Lime Cupcakes with Lime and Rum Creamcheese Frosting

I'm on a roll with cocktail cupcakes. Since those margarita cupcakes for the new year party came out so well, I decided to try adapting the recipe for another citrus-y drink: mojito (and because I have a bottle of rum in my cabinet.) These are for a 21st birthday party of my dear friend (and teacher.) What would be more appropriate for a 21st birthday party than a cocktail cupcakes?


The cupcakes didn't dome but it's ok. They taste good and light.


I kept the recipe the same as those margarita cupcakes except that I swap limes for lemon and rum for tequila. I also added about half a cup of chopped peppermint to the cake batter. I think you are supposed to use spearmint in mojito... But my supermarket didn't have spearmint that day.



I wasn't excited about the cake out of the oven. I couldn't feel the minty and limey taste that I wanted. But let them sit overnight, they become much better. Maybe mint and lime zest let out aroma oil and other magic with time...