ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Chocolate Black Sesame Shortbread Cookies

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chocolate Black Sesame Shortbread Cookies

My first shortbread cookies - people said they are not sweet enough but I like them. These shortbread cookies are dangerous. The recipe calls for 3 sticks of butter. Three! Three! I think this is the first time I use 3 sticks of butter in one baking.



I ground 4 tablespoons of black sesame seeds and add them with half a teaspoon of sesame oil to the cookie batter. And roll cookie logs on black sesame seeds before cutting them to make these. I like it - this combination of chocolate and black sesame. Black sesame by itself doesn't have much taste or smell but it add unexpected crunch to the cookies.

I still have more black sesame left. Maybe I'll try wholewheat black sesame cookies next.