ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

Not satisfied with my strawberry creamcheese cookies, I tried to make another type of sandwich cookies. Why sandwich cookies? Something about creamy frosting between two cookies felt like a good idea - luxurious - indulgent. And they looked extremely pretty.

For the cookies, I followed this recipe from marthastewart.com. I didn't put malted milk powder because I didn't have any and substituted Greek strained yogurt for creme fraiche.



I cookies came out extremely pretty (again - like all other Martha Stewart's recipes) but they are a little chewier than I would like. Maybe I underbaked them. Or maybe because of all my substitutions.

But I redeemed myself with the frosting.

Chocolate Buttercream Filling
  • 1 stick butter - room temperature

  • 1/2 cup confectioner sugar

  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder - I used organic one from Wholefoods

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Sift cocoa powder into butter. Add vanilla extract. Beat a couple of minutes more until well combined.




The sandwich cookies came out delicious. The filling was silky, intensely chocolatey - and complimented the cookies very nicely. They are just extremely dangerous. Eating one is like finishing up 3 cookies (2 cookies + the frosting) calorie-wise. But who's counting? Right? Right?

That's it. I'm going on a diet. Starting Monday.