ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Fresh Strawberry Creamcheese Sandwich Cookies

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fresh Strawberry Creamcheese Sandwich Cookies

I bookmarked this recipe from marthastewart.com for the days that I have creamcheese frosting left over from cupcakes. That day never came. I usually just either piled all the frosting on cupcakes or licked the bowl clean.

This past weekend for a friend's party, however, I decided not to make cupcakes but these instead.



The cookies came out very pretty but I thought they were way too sweet and bland. I guess that's how simple sugar cookies taste like. For the filling, I didn't want anything too sweet so decided to use creamcheese with minimal sugar. And since strawberries are really cheap now, I would use them instead of raspberries according to the original recipe.

Fresh Strawberry Creamcheese
  • Half a cup of fresh strawberries - hulled and pureed in a food processor

  • 1 package creamcheese

  • 1/2 cup of confectioner sugar

  • With an electric mixer, beat creamcheese and sugar together until fluffy. Add pureed strawberries. Continue beating until well combined.




The creamcheese came out so delicious I could not stop licking my fingers. The combination just came out a bit watery to hold itself between cookies. I think it will be better as cupcake frosting than cookie filling.