ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Go Sean Go

Friday, April 18, 2008

Go Sean Go

I spent part of my day today helping my friend Sean Sullivan, who is running for City Council in District 3 of Oakland. Just by calling people in the district, I was able to get a few people to listen to a synopsis of his ideas, and check out his website.

Sean has been campaigning tirelessly for months, and still finds the passion and energy to be involved in his "day job" at Covenant House, as well as the different boards that he serves on.

Is West Oakland ready for a white, gay man from New York to come in and make a difference? I sure hope so. The majority of people seemed fed up with the in-action of the current council member, so the area seems ripe for change.

Here he is at the League of Women Voters candidate forum. I will continue to do what I can, and support Sean's effort fully!