ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Chocolate Nutella Cupcake

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chocolate Nutella Cupcake

These cupcakes are for a birthday party. The birthday girl requested something chocolate. I was ripping my hair off trying to figure out what kind of chocolate cupcakes I would make. I wanted to something new but I baked so many variations of chocolate cupcakes already. And then I saw Nutella. One of my co-workers gave me a jar as a result of my European friend's complaint of how difficult it was in his neighborhood to find one.



I baked my favorite vanilla cupcakes - with a little twist. I dropped a teaspoon of Nutella in the batter before baking. And then frosted them with chocolate buttercream.



The result is delicious and simple cupcakes with a surprise in the middle.



For my next batch, I'll swirl Nutella a little bit before baking. A Nutella surprise in the middle of a cupcake is good. I have a feeling that it will be better if it spread around a little more.