ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Banana Bread Cupcakes

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Banana Bread Cupcakes

So I was told not to eat bananas, ice cream, seafood and peanut for a few days as part of a knee-injury treatment. Well, I had 5 very ripe bananas in my house. I wasn't going to throw them away. I decided to make banana bread. But not just banana bread - that wouldn't be worth giving away - banana bread cupcakes with two kinds of frosting: cream cheese and chocolate ganache.


Beautifully frosted banana bread cupcakes


I got the banana bread recipe from here. I mixed the bananas into the batter instead of laying on top. I say this recipe needs at least 1/2 cup of butter instead of just 3 tablespoon as the cake came out a little dry.



Cream cheese frosting was 1 package of cream cheese, 5 tablespoons of butter at room temperature (the same stick I used for the cake) and 1 cup of confectioner sugar. Chocolate ganache from Alton Brown. I halved the recipe - using 8oz. of Giradelli semi sweet chocolate chips - and still have plenty left over.

I was told the cupcakes were good but not my best. And that the ganache was pretty awesome!