ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: The Best Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Best Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes


This week I was fortunate enough to be asked to attend the SRMC Book Club meeting at my friend Nysa's house in San Rafael. This month's selection featured our friend Nicki's book "Because I Love Her", an anthology of essays by women writers about the complex relationships mothers and daughters. Mothers, daughters, a room full of smart women dishing about their families - this called for chocolate, and a lot of it.

I've been looking for the perfect chocolate frosting recipe for awhile. I found it yesterday, and in fact everything was so perfect about this recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes, I am not even going to print it here, as I did not change a thing. Find it here it is in all of its original glory. Also note the beautiful piping job that Stephanie does on her cupakes - sigh.

I will say this: the recipe makes a very moist, not too heavy cake with a good chocolate flavor. The frosting - oh, yum. Mine came out very thick, so it was like piping actual fudge onto the cakes (i.e. I worked those arm muscles), but boy was it tasty. I confess that I ate a lot of it under the guise of "testing" the flavor. Oh yes, I "tested" it many, many times. And I'll "test" it again!