ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Mache and Avocado Salad with Lemon Thyme Dressing

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mache and Avocado Salad with Lemon Thyme Dressing


Cooking adventure #1 was a success!

I got out my "Cooking For Friends" cookbook and made their recipe for Lemon Thyme Dressing - so easy, so well-balanced, so delicious. This cookbook is an absolute joy to read, with beautiful color photographs for every recipe, and creative variations.


This is the type of recipe that you can do easily from memory: Whisk together the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 C. olive oil, 1/4 C. white wine vinegar (I used White Balsamic), and 1 1/2 t. fresh thyme leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I had some fresh mache and some almost-ripe avocado, so I made a salad and used a small amount of the dressing to just coat the leaves.


This would be great with shaved asparagus and Parmesan, baby arugula and prosciutto, you name it. Simple is best, in my opinion - too many ingredients in a salad are just confusing to me.

Off to a good start!