ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Gluten-Free Banana Black Raspberry Muffins

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gluten-Free Banana Black Raspberry Muffins

In an unsuccessful attempt to reduce wheat in my diet, I bought rice flour and chick pea flour and made these muffins.



I substituted 1 1/2 cups rice flour and and 1/2 cup chick pea flour for wheat flour in this recipe with 2 very ripe bananas and a cup of frozen black raspberries from Trader Joe's.

The result was very dry muffins that tasted like beans (and banana and raspberry.) I guess you can't have everything. You can't be gluten-free and low fat. Or maybe you can but I still can't figure it out.

Nevertheless, I ate all the muffins in a week - can't let food go to waste.