ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Stir Fried Buckwheat Noodle with Swiss Chard and Bacon

Monday, May 4, 2009

Stir Fried Buckwheat Noodle with Swiss Chard and Bacon

I posted only 3 times last month... No, I'm not pregnant. I'm not on a diet. I didn't acquire a boyfriend.

I watched House. A lot of House.... It's addictive. But I learn something. I need to eat more vegetables.

So I bought Swiss chard because it looked beautiful. I never used or consciously ate this vegetable before. But I figured what vegetable would not be good stir fried with bacon. I was right.



Ingredients
  • About 1 pound of Swiss chard

  • 1 clove garlic - chopped

  • 4 strips of bacon

  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar

  • About 10 oz. of buckwheat noodle (The noodle came individually tied into portions. I used 3 portions.)

  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil

  • Salt and pepper




Directions
  1. Wash and roughly chop chard leaves. Thinly slice the stems.

  2. Boil about a quart of water. Add a pinch of salt. Cook the noodle in the boiling water until just cooked. About 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and toss with a tablespoon of oil.

  3. Cut bacon into chunks and cook in its own fat in a large pan with chopped garlic until crispy - about 5 minutes.

  4. Stir in Swiss chard and the noodle.

  5. Season with rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Make 3 servings.