ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Banana Pecan Granola Bars

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Banana Pecan Granola Bars

I have been buying a lot of energy bars on my way walking from work to train Kungfu. Since I already make my own granola, I thought it shouldn't be that hard to shape it into bars. I would just add honey and something wet to hold everything together.



My bars came out not bad. But I wouldn't say they are as good as those Cliff or Luna bars from stores. Maybe I need to add more fat and sugar. That always makes food taste and look better.



Ingredients
  • 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal

  • 1/4 cup unsweetened dry coconut

  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds

  • 1/4 cup oat bran

  • 1/4 cup ground flax seeds

  • 1/2 cup raisins

  • 1 cup chopped pecan

  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 1/4 cup extra tasting olive oil

  • 1/2 cup honey

  • 1/4 cup Agave nectar

  • 1 large banana - mashed

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lin a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.

  2. Whisk oatmeal, coconut, sesame seeds, oat bran, flax, raisins, pecan and cinnamon togehter in a large bowl.

  3. In a small bowl, whisk oil, honey, Agave nectar, banana and vanilla.

  4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Thoroughly mix everything together and press into the prepared pan.

  5. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into bars.