ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Lime Thyme Shortbread Cookies

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lime Thyme Shortbread Cookies

Guess what animal this is ----



It's an elephant! For my new project (Fat) Elephant Kitchen! Things are still mostly in my head and my baking partner's imagination. But at least we got elephant cookie cutters.

The shortbread cookie recipe was from Elise.com/recipes. I just skipped the almond extract and lemon. Added lime zest and juice from 2 limes and about a tablespoon of chopped thyme into the batter.



Since I don't have patience to roll out the batter really thin. I baked my cookies for about 15 to 18 minutes. The cookies came out delicious, subtle and refreshing. They browned a little too easily so I underbaked a few of them....


:D