ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Creamcheese Frosting

Friday, May 16, 2008

Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Creamcheese Frosting

I have been wanting to make this frosting again since these sandwich cookies. I remember not wanting to throw the leftover frosting away since there taste so good. This time, I used it for a cupcake frosting. I didn't want to pair it with just vanilla cupcakes. Baking strawberry cupcakes seemed like too much trouble. Plus my last attempt at strawberry muffins didn't pan out so well. So I decided on lemon cupcakes.



People always love my lemon cupcakes. Strawberry + lemon combo worked out deliciously. Since I didn't want the frosting too sweet, I used less than a cup of confectioner sugar and skipped butter all together. The frosting came out a little too runny. It was difficult to frost pretty but I thought it taste really good. I think this is the first time I have 3 of my own cupcakes in one day!



Ingredients - make 30 cupcakes
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 2 sticks butter - room temperature

  • 2 cups sugar

  • 4 eggs

  • Zest and juice from 1 lemon

  • 1 cup buttermilk

  • 10 fresh strawberries

  • 2 packages creamcheese

  • About 1 cup confectioner sugar

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with liners.
  1. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.

  2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy - about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Add lemon juice and zest.

  3. Alternately stir 1/3 of flour mixture and buttermilk into the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.

  4. Fill the prepared muffin pan with the batter up to 3/4 full. Bake for 18 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a cooling rack.

  5. Clean the strawberries and pureed them in a food processor.

  6. With a clean electric mixer, beat creamcheese until soft. Add confectioner sugar. Slowly add pureed strawberries. Beat until the frosting is fluffy and well blended - about 2 to 3 minutes.

  7. Drop about a teaspoon of the frosting on the cupcakes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.