ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Bring on the Fog

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bring on the Fog


One of the things that we discovered in Vancouver was the London Fog. At first, we thought that it might be something that was a specialty of just one place, then we started seeing them everywhere.

A great hot drink for anyone who has switched from coffee to tea (*waves*), or tea lovers in general, it is simple, delicious, and has far less calories that what you'll find at Starbuck's.

Ingredients:
Earl Grey Tea
Vanilla Syrup (I used honey at home)
Frothed milk (skim works best)

I had to buy a milk frother, as the only one I had was attached to my old cappuccino machine (wah!). I found one at the grocery store for about $20 and it works fine - I'm sure there are even cheaper ones out there. For tea, I like the Republic of Tea "Earl Greyer". The tea may not be local, but the company is - based in Novato, my old stomping ground. The co-founders, Mel and Patricia Zeigler, have a long history in the Bay Area, and were also the co-founders of Banana Republic.
Remember when Banana Republic was a travel-based business? Those faux burnt-edged catalogs? The jungle-like atmosphere of the original retail stores? The company's roots are completely lost in the slick environment that you see today.

So in the spirit of the original Banana Republic, we travelled to Vancouver to find a London-inspired drink, and brought it back to our own (foggy) homes in San Francisco.

Cheers!