ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Peanut Butter M&M's Oatmeal Cookies

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Peanut Butter M&M's Oatmeal Cookies

I got these candies last weekend going to the movie Ironman. The movie was enjoyable. The candies - not as much. After a fistful of these (after a very spicy Thai dinner and hazelnut wafers), I could feel my stomach complaining. My other friends refused to eat anymore of them by the end of the night.

At home, trying to stop myself from finishing the rest in the bag - I figured they might be good in cookies.



And they are!

I used vanishing oatmeal cookies recipe on the side of Quaker Oats container. I remember these cookies were really delicious. I just reduced the sugar to only 1 cup and substituted a cup of peanut butter M&Ms and white chocolate chips for raisins.



The only problem I had with them was that they didn't expand. Maybe my oven wasn't hot enough. Or maybe I should have press them flatter before baking instead of just drop them on the cookie sheets.


colorful cookie dough


Now I want to try using all kinds of different candies in cookies. Yay! More excuse to buy candies!