ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Kale and White Bean Soup

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Kale and White Bean Soup

In an (seriously unsuccessful) attempt to eat healthy, I bought a bunch of kale from the farmer's market this weekend. What would be healthier than green leafy vegetable? The real question was how I would cook it. After searching high and low, I decided on Kale and White Bean Soup from Epicurious.com.



I pretty much follow the recipe except that I used only 1 Qt. of chicken broth and 4 carrots, didn't use cheese and smoke sausage. I think because of all these changes, my soup tasted like it was missing something. So I added about a tablespoon of soy sauce. (I was tempted to add fish sauce but was afraid that it would take over the soup....)

The soup came out perfect - light and hearty at the same time. (Is that possible?) I guest it's because the lack of meat in the dish.