ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Le Petit Dejeuner

Monday, July 6, 2009

Le Petit Dejeuner


While I love going out for meals, one of my favorite things to do in France is to make breakfast at home. I often get up early and have a cup of tea and enjoy the quiet of morning and the village just waking up, and then start pulling things out of the refrigerator to create a huge breakfast. Our neighbor usually leaves some food in the refrigerator for us, and this time it was a bowl of farm eggs, fresh milk, and fig jam made with the figs from our tree.


I had bought some wild strawberries at the market, and added them to the breakfast spread.


There is nothing that makes a house a home to me more than the sight and smells of breakfast, truly my favorite meal.


Scrambled eggs, sausage confit, raw sheep's milk cheese, tartine with fig jam, wild strawberries, orange juice, and hot tea. Simply a beautiful way to welcome the day.