ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Mango and Lime Cupcakes

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mango and Lime Cupcakes

Before giving up baking with mangoes, I tried one more time. Maybe mangoes are not meant to be baked. Or at least the mangoes I have been using. These cupcakes tasted good. And I think mango didn't make them taste any better or distinct. So, for the record, this shall be my last mango baking experiment.

I chopped up a large very ripe, sweet and delicious mango. Reserved 1/4 cup for frosting and used the rest (about 1 cup) for the cupcakes from this recipe.



I whipped a package of cream cheese with a stick of butter and a cup of confectioner sugar, plus the 1/4 cup of fresh mango for the frosting. It was really good. You see 1/4 cup of fresh mango in the frosting got much more mileage than the 1 cup I put in the cupcake batter....



That's it. From now on, I should only eat uncooked mangoes.