ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Jude's Quinoa Salad

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jude's Quinoa Salad


Besides all of the blackberry and cherry tarts that have been coming out of my kitchen, there have been a plethora of healthy meals, too. When I cook for myself, there's usually no recipe involved - I just sautee whatever vegetables I have and add in some kind of protein.

This warm quinoa salad recipe was given to me by my friend Jude, and it's one of those that doesn't require exact measurements. It has all of the right attributes: great flavor, healthy, and easy. Do the portions and measurements to taste and I promise it will come out well.

Jude's Quinoa Salad
- cook quinoa according to package directions
- make a red wine vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper)
- roughly chop some shittake mushrooms
- toss mushrooms in some of the vinaigrette and put in the toaster oven or broiler for a few minutes
- toss some raw baby spinach with the rest of the vinaigrette
- put the warm quinoa on top of the spinach
- put the warm mushrooms on top of the quinoa
- add goat cheese

If you like this recipe, check out similar ones under my new tag "Healthy Recipes". A votre sante!