ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: White Chocolate Pistachio Cupcakes

Monday, June 28, 2010

White Chocolate Pistachio Cupcakes

Warning: These cupcakes look poisonous after a day in the refrigerator.

Lesson learned #1: Let chopped nuts get in contact with frosting only shortly before serving unless you like munching on soggy nuts.

Lesson learned #2: Wet chopped pistachios look like mold.

Lesson learned #3: Too small eggs make dry cupcakes.

Lesson learned #4: My friends are so sweet they finished all these dry, moldy looking, soggy-nuts topping cupcakes without any complaint.



I got a request for some cupcakes with white chocolate and pistachio for a birthday party this past weekend - from the birthday girl herself. Although I'm not a fan of both white chocolate and pistachio, I agreed. I made vanilla cupcakes topped with white chocolate cream cheese frosting and dipped in chopped salted roasted pistachios.



Sounds good, no? Except things went wrong somewhere in the process and I learned four valuable lessons.