ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Black Bean Brownies

Monday, June 16, 2008

Black Bean Brownies

I like making brownies with unexpected ingredients. Whenever I see brownies recipes with things other than chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs and flour, I bookmarked them. Maybe it's because I feel brownies are super indulgent. And I have a need to try to make them a bit healthier to eat. I tried one with zucchini. This time the weird ingredient is black beans.

The recipe was from 101cookbooks.com. I followed the recipe almost exactly. Just that I don't have 11x18 inch pan. So I used 9x13 pan. I should have baked it longer than the recipe because my brownies are thicker. But I was too impatient and tired (it was after one in the morning) that I hoped the brownies would set and become perfect when they get cold even though they still looked bubbly and soft out of the oven.
Cooked black beans.

Oh well. I still have more black beans. The next time I make them I'll learn.

Before going into the oven.

Although I way undercooked the brownies, they came out really delicious. Nobody could guess the secret ingredient until I tell them. The only thing was that after I few pieces, my belly produced quite a lot of gas. Good thing we were outdoor.

PS. Wow! Two (almost) sugar-free and gluten free baked goods in a row! I'm getting healthy.