ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Orange Blossom Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Orange Blossom Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting

I have been wondering if I can bake with orange blossom water and if the fragrance will remain after the oven. All the recipes I tried in the past just brush the water over baked cake or incorporate it in the frosting.

This one will be for the sake of experiment.



I decided to pair the cupcakes with white chocolate frosting as opposed to just butter cream to make them even more interesting. I started with my favorite cupcake recipe. Reduced the number of eggs to 3 because I didn't want the batter to be so egg-y. Substituted 1/4 cup of buttermilk with orange blossom water. And added orange zest of two small oranges.



The cupcakes didn't dome well coming out of the oven. But they were fragrant and had delicious crumbs.



For the frosting I chopped up about 2 cups of white chocolate. Melted it in a microwave and beat it with a package of creamcheese and less than half a cup of confectioner sugar. I'm usually extra careful about the amount of sugar whenever I use white chocolate. I feel it always come already super sweet.



The result? The cupcakes smelled really really good. But the frosting was to die for. I need experiment with white chocolate + creamcheese frosting more often!