ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Coconut White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Coconut White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

The rest of my chopped white chocolate leftover from white chocolate frosting for orange blossom cupcakes went here. I made these cookies for a friend's moving day. I reduced the amount of sugar from 1 3/4 cups in the original recipe to 1 cup because I substituted white chocolate chunks for semi sweet chocolate chips. I leanred a while back that white chocolate always comes already super sweet.



The cookies came out great - chewy - crunchy - not too sweet. They could pass for breakfast cookies as they were intended for a moving day snack.



Coconut added great texture to the cookies and you hardly tasted that it was there. I'm loving shredded coconut in my sweet. Maybe it's time I try coconut cake.