ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: I'll Have the Tomato & Salmonella Salad, Please

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'll Have the Tomato & Salmonella Salad, Please


Summer without tomatoes? Have I landed in Hell?? Is this the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, for real?

I don't know which I find more shocking about this summer, the tomato recall, or the fact that it costs $99 to fill up my gas tank. Both run the risk of making me sick to my stomach, that's for sure.


I stopped to use the bathroom at La Salsa in Pacific Heights today, and there was a sign on the salsa bar saying "None of our salsas were made with raw tomatoes". Yup, this thing is real.

So, say no to Romas, Plums, and round red tomatoes. Say yes to cherry, and still on the vine tomatoes, as well as homegrown ones (which includes those from the farmer's market, I believe).

Well, I guess if we start growing our tomatoes at home, we're going to save on all of that gas, too.