ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Well-Shod

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Well-Shod


If you know me, you know that I have a shoe fetish. These are my favorite shoes purchased this year, by French brand Coclico. They cost a small fortune but are so worth it - every time I wear them, no matter if my outfit is many seasons past its due date, I feel elegant, special and a la mode. One thing that I have learned over the years is that a well-made pair of shoes is worth the hefty price tag. They will feel more comfortable, last longer, and look better than cheaper brands. Never trust a shoe made in China - your feet will feel like victims of foot-binding in no time. Italian shoes are the best, followed those made in France and England, then Spain. South American shoes can be good, such as the handmade dancing shoes I bought in Argentina a couple of years ago. Men know these truths better than women and tend to have less shoes, but of better quality, whereas women go for quantity. For me, I can only afford the occasional splurge, so the trick is not to go too trendy so that I can keep them for years and get the most out of them.

To live vicariously through those who can afford the latest and greatest styles, there is a website called Shoebunny which is strictly dedicated to celebrities and their shoes. I love how they downplay the celebrity photo and focus on the shoes themselves. You can go through page after page and covet to your heart's delight. So delicious!

It's a guilty pleasure to be sure, but far less calories than a piece of chocolate cake. Then again, a piece of chocolate cake while looking at Shoebunny...I certainly wouldn't complain.