ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I made these for our bike ride to Coney Island a couple of weekends ago. They weren't very popular because my friends were more thirsty than hungry. I still think they are good cookies - although I took more than half home that day....

They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside and not too sweet. I got the original recipe from AllRecipes.com's Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies. I substituted white chocolate chips for raisins and reduced the amount of sugar to only 1 cup.



The cookies didn't expand much coming out of the oven. I had to use my iron palm to flatten the dough before baking to get that nice shaped cookies - rather than a soccer balls.



I'll make more of these next time but with semi sweet chocolate chip so that they taste more like chocolate. I don't really like white chocolate chips - I don't know why I keep using them. They don't really smell or have flavor.