ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: (Half) Whole Wheat Challah Bread

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

(Half) Whole Wheat Challah Bread

Look at these slices of bread. Aren't they beautiful? This is possibly the most beautifully risen, softest and most delicious sandwich loaf I have ever baked, will ever bake, ever. I almost don't want to bake this again for fear that I will surely mess it up.



The recipe is here: Millie's Whole Wheat Challah Bread from kingarthurflour.com.



I used Trader Joe's white whole wheat flour in place of whole wheat pastry flour and ended up using almost 10 ounces of it. It might be that white whole wheat flour absorbs less water or just that I was a little heavy handed with water.

I baked mine in a loaf pan for 20 minutes and then 10 more minutes under foil tent just like the braided version in the recipe.

The bread would be great as french toasts or sandwiches, if I could stop myself from munching the whole loaf...