ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Halfway Homemade

Friday, April 30, 2010

Halfway Homemade


I love homemade soup, but I don't always have the time to get all of the ingredients and go through all of that chopping, cooking, and pureeing - sometimes I just need a quick, nutritious lunch. Recently I opened up a container of Pacific Cashew Ginger Carrot Soup, and added some ingredients that I saw in a NYT recipe for Moroccan Carrot Soup. While it wasn't exactly homemade, it didn't have that flat taste that I usually find in store-bought soups, especially with the brightness of the lemon juice.

What I added was:
Juice from 1/2 lemon
shake of Cumin
shake of Allspice
dollop of plain Greek yogurt
some chopped basil

Mm mm, good.