ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Tastes Like Spring

Monday, April 5, 2010

Tastes Like Spring



Well, I have looked and looked and I can't find a link to a website for this company. I am so sorry because their products are delicious and I think that everyone should try them. I bought these on a whim during my monthly assault on Rainbow Grocery with Kristina, and I cooked it up a couple of nights ago, and I was hooked! Each package comes with 3 clusters of pasta, each of which is good for one generous serving, and the sauce distributes perfectly in thirds as well. I should know because I have had this pasta for the past three nights in a row. Yes, that's right, the woman who can't stand to have the same country's cuisine for lunch and dinner has become a repeat diner. At Casa di Liz.

This is not your run of the mill grocery store pasta - which I usually dislike for its thick, gummy texture and overly salted fillings. The smell from the pot as the pasta is cooking is heavenly - the lemon aroma just wafts up, almost as if from some baked goods like lemon bread. The rocket (aka arugula in these here parts) makes the pesto sauce less sharp than when made with basil, and it just lightly coats the pasta with its fresh, green, nutty goodness, with a little texture added from toasted pumpkin seeds rather than pine nuts. It doesn't leave that heavy garlic taste in your mouth either, which is a plus if you actually plan on talking to people in the near future.

Not sold yet? How about that the pasta and sauce are:
  • whole grain
  • vegan
  • local (Santa Rosa represent!)
A couple of tips: Take the sauce out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you start cooking. Only cook the pasta for 3 minutes at the very most, otherwise you will have a gummy mess on your hands. Just a short dip and swirl in a boiling water bath is all that it needs.

I may have to go back on non-coupon day to get more - it's that good.