ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Southern Comfort

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Southern Comfort



One of my husband's favorite breakfasts is biscuits & sausage gravy. Today I decided to make it, after I found what looked like a proper Southern recipe on the internet. It's something that has very few ingredients, but you have to make it just right to get the correct consistency and thickness.


The recipe is perfect and if you follow it step-by-step (thank goodness for the pictures), it turns out exactly the way you want. The only change I would make is that instead of using regular flavor sausage (I used Jimmy Dean's "All-Natural"), I would use Hot to give it that extra kick.

I made 6 slices of bacon before starting the sausage gravy, and that yielded just the right amount of fat to mix in with the flour when making the roux.

Mmmm mmmm, what a nice way to start the day.