ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Vanilla Rice

Friday, April 30, 2010

Vanilla Rice



Rice pudding. That most comfortable of comfort desserts - it speaks to us of grandmother's kitchen, wholesome ingredients, and the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Last night I had the opportunity to check out San Francisco's one and only rice pudding shop, Loving Cup. They make made-to-order frozen yogurt (you choose the base and they mix in the ingredients with a fancy drill-like machine), smoothies, and they have about 5 flavors of rice putting to choose from. Yesterday's flavors were Cinnamon Raisin, Lemon Vanilla, Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Coconut. Just like in an ice cream parlor, they will let you taste them all on tiny tasting spoons.


We decided to go with the classic - Cinnamon Raisin. Oh, was it good. The small size, which we split, was huge and heavy, but we had no problem polishing it off. I know that some people don't like the taste of rice pudding, but I think it's great - it tastes like love feels: warm, filling, and happy.


My dream is to visit Rice to Riches in NYC - that place is the mecca for all people who love rice pudding, with their exotic flavors like Green Tea, French Toast and Passionfruit. But until I get there, it's so nice to know that I can find that taste of home in my very own city.