ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Baked Basil Chicken

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Baked Basil Chicken

I wish I have a food processor. I would have called this baked pesto chicken had my basil resembled pesto a little bit more. My chopping skill is far behind food processor.

In Thailand we have this dish called Pad-Krapao-Gai which means chicken stir fried with Thai basil. I'm making a version of the dish but instead of stir frying I baked and instead of Thai basil I used huge American basil.

It came out not bad although I felt like it's missing something -- maybe stir fry grease - maybe more chilies - I don't know. Definitely next time I'll use dark meat instead of breast and add chopped onions. And definitely get a food processor.



Ingredients
  • 4 pounds chicken breast - cut into portion

  • 7 cloves garlic - chopped

  • 12 Thai chilies - chopped

  • About 2 cups chopped basil leaves

  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

  2. Mix chopped garlic, chopped chilies, chopped basil and fish sauce together. Rub chicken with the sauce. Arrange the chicken in baking pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake for 15 minutes more. Discard the foil and bake 10 minutes more or until chicken is slight browned.