ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Dogs are the New Kids

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dogs are the New Kids

That what was written on the t-shirt of the lovely man who helped me at "Best in Show", the fabulous store for spoiled pets in the Castro.


Lucy was in dire need of a new collar (never mind that the last one cost me $65 at "Babies", the store for spoiled pets in Hayes Valley. I feel bad going there again after Lucy peed all over their floor). Not because her old collar was worn, because it was tired, girl! So we headed over to the mecca for all things bold and beautiful, the Castro. BIS carries my favorite brand of dog collars, Bella Bean Couture, so I wanted to check out the new offerings.

Of course, the first thing we had to have was a Buzy Bee (remember, the name of the store is "Best in Show", and I would never give up an opportunity to channel Parker Posey).


Of course, we found the perfect collar - I loved it so much I had to get the matching lead. It's not Bella Bean, but very similar in style - made by another local company called Unnecessary Essentials. The name of the style is called "The York", a very uptown pink and brown rep stripe grossgrain ribbon, with an easy buckle closure.

I took Lucy up to Twin Peaks afterwards so we could debut her new gear and look down at the world below us. Here is the pretty princess on her walk.


When we got home, she tried to rip off Buzy Bee's head and then went down for a long nap. Life is good for the 4-legged crowd in San Francisco.

Oh, and don't think that we are done. The cupcake collar from Bella Bean is on my, I mean Lucy's, wish list for fall.