ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Never is A Promise

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Never is A Promise

(UPDATE 9/25: this video was removed from YouTube and can no longer be embedded, however just click on the video and enter "Never is a Promise" and you'll go right there)

This is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard.

The poetry of the lyrics and the heartbreaking emotion, along with Fiona Apple's amazing voice, bring me to tears every time.

I can almost smell the air in New York, in the early fall, when I look at this video. I remember walking for hours there late at night, with just my thoughts to keep me company. This is a song for that time of the night, when it is dark and the world is quiet, and you are alone.

- "the skin of my emotions lies beneath my own..."