ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Toss My Salad

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Toss My Salad

I bought so much delicious food today, I decided to make a huge salad for lunch.

The salad was made up of organic cherry tomatoes, baby arugula, mixed greens, toasted walnuts, and ricotta salata cheese.


I wanted a dressing that would just lightly coat the greens and compliment the nuttiness of the cheese, arugula and walnuts. I found a recipe for a lemon vinagrette from Tra Vigne restaurant in Napa, which was perfect, and I already had all of the ingredients in my pantry.


Lemon Vinaigrette

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (can use hazelnut or walnut oil)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed
lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon coarse
salt
Pinch freshly cracked black peppercorns

In a jar or bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.

Yields 1/4 cup.