ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Baked Sesame Apricot Chicken

Monday, August 27, 2007

Baked Sesame Apricot Chicken

I was going to make this sesame orange chicken and used my apricot preserve that I had left over from white chocolate cake with apricot for which the recipe required apricot preserve but I ended not using it.

Problem was that I didn't have soy sauce.

You would say what kind of an Asian I am. Well - these things happen. Occasionally I run out of kitchen essentials and never have a chance to get more. Plus I use fish sauce as my savory source for my food most of the time....

Enough with excuses. Here's what I did with the chicken which came out just ok... A little on the dry side...



Ingredients
  • About 3 pounds chicken boneless chicken breast - thinly sliced

  • 1/2 cup apricot preserve

  • 2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

  • 1/2 cup roasted sesame seeds

  • 1/2 cup matzo meal (or bread crumb)


Directions
  1. Coat chicken with apricot preserve, salt and red pepper flakes and let sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.

  2. Heat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.

  3. Mix sesame seeds and matzo meal on a large plate. Press both sides of chicken on the plate and line on baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes.