ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Cocoa Black Sesame Granola

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cocoa Black Sesame Granola

I'm having fun making my own granola. It's like I'm discovering a new realm of baking where everything goes. I can just toss whatever I wish with rolled oats and nuts - and I get delicious and seemingly healthy breakfast/snack/gift.

Based on my staple recipe for granola, I added cocoa powder, substituted black sesame for toasted sesame, reduced the amount of oil and I get this delicious and satisfying granola.



Ingredients
  • 2 cups rolled oats

  • 1/4 cup oat bran

  • 1/4 cup ground flax seeds

  • 1/4 cup black sesame seeds

  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder

  • 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds

  • 2 tablespoons extra light tasting olive oil

  • 1/4 cup Agave nectar

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

  2. In a large bowl, toss all the dry ingredients together.

  3. In a small bowl, whisk oil, Agave nectar and vanilla extract.

  4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.

  5. Bake in a baking pan for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes to keep the granola loose and evenly baked. Let cool and store in an air-tight container.