ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Mango Yogurt Ice Cream

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mango Yogurt Ice Cream

It's not summer yet. But lines outside Pinkberry are getting longer and longer. And I refuse to pay $5 to a small tub of frozen yogurt. What to do? I wish I have an ice cream maker but my kitchen cannot store any more appliances. Hmmmm.... maybe I'll get one anyway and keep it in my closet.

In the meantime, I make do with my version of yogurt ice cream. My last attempt turned out so successful that I have to try again. This time with frozen mango....



Ingredients
  • 1 large mango - peeled, cut and frozen

  • A tub of non-fat Greek strained yogurt (16 oz.)

Directions
  1. In a food processor, blend the frozen mango and yogurt together until smooth. Serve immediately or chill in the freezer for a few minutes before serving.


The mango gave the yogurt even creamier texture. I love it. I didn't even have to add any sugar or other sweetener.