ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Apricot Clafoutis

Friday, June 12, 2009

Apricot Clafoutis

My first try at clafoutis turned out so simple and well that I have been dreaming up different ways to make it. And yeah, sometimes things that sound good in my head don't actually work.

Like this...

Clafoutis are traditionally made with cherries. Wouldn't it work as well with apricots? After all they are both stone fruit. And wouldn't it be so pretty and easy if I just half the apricots and arrange them nicely, then blanket them with the liquidy batter.



It looked good, right? It tasted not bad either when it was warm. But the next day, the soft pudding became old omelette like texture. It's probably because I went gluten-free with it. I used 1/3 cup of almond flour and 1/3 cup of rice flour. Plus because I didn't peel the apricots, it was a quite difficult to eat elegantly. Lucky for me I don't care about elegance.



Well, at least I had a few days worth of healthy low sugar breakfast with lots of fiber.