ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Wholewheat Fig Bread

Monday, June 22, 2009

Wholewheat Fig Bread

The last time I attempt to make a fig bread, I soaked chopped figs with the soaker overnight. The figs disintegrated and got totally incorporated into the bread from all the kneading. The bread came out with weird texture full of fig seeds distributed in the bread. Some people might like that. I don't. So I made note not to do that again.



This time I just made normal wholewheat bread from Peter Rienhart's master formula. I only added 8 oz. of chopped figs to the dough before the second rise while shaping it.



I baked the bread with The NY Times No-knead Bread method - in a preheated dutch oven.



I got beautiful crusty wholewheat loaf full of figs that are still whole and looked like figs! It was so good I finished the whole loaf in 2 days... Dangerous. But. Success!