ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: June is Busting Out All Over

Saturday, June 6, 2009

June is Busting Out All Over


Summertime means that the Farmers Markets are open, and produce is simply bursting from the stalls. Today I joined Andy & Kristina at the Noe Valley Farmers Market, which is a small but plentiful market just off of 24th Street.

One of the best things about getting up early on a Saturday morning is the promise of a good breakfast, and I was greeted by a warm plate of chilaquiles from El Buen Comer as the day began. My friends are very, very good to me.


We bought all kinds of wonderful things, from vegetables to berries to mint. One thing on our list was fruit, and the pluots were especially inviting this morning. The sweet taste and dripping juice of the stone fruits remind me of summers from my childhood, when there was nothing better than standing over the sink, biting into a ripe piece of fruit after being outside playing all day.


I love the simple pleasure of going to the market in the morning, then making a nice lunch inspired by whatever you find there. It's nice to see other people out doing the same, and all of this wonderful food being celebrated and enjoyed, under blue skies rather than depressing flourescent lighting.