ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Spicy Pork Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Garlic Scapes and Cilantro

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Spicy Pork Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Garlic Scapes and Cilantro

I wouldn't call this a recipe. It's more like tossing everything I had together and it turned out to taste good. If you look at all the Thai spicy salads I made, you probably get the gist of my formula.

cooked meat + some raw greens and herbs + lime + fish sauce + chilies = spicy salad



From last week's CSA pickup, I got half a quart of sugar snap peas, 3 stalks of garlic scapes and a huge bunch of cinlantro. I used 2 stalks of garlic scapes and half the cilantro in stir-fried pea shoots.


Weird veg - garlic scapes - taste like mild garlic. The leaves on the background are pea shoots.


So I chopped up the remaining scape, sliced sugar snap peas and tossed them with about 1/2 pound of cooked pork shoulder and 2 cups of chopped cilantro. Then seasoned with 2 limes, about a tablespoon of fish sauce, chopped 8 fresh chilies and a squirt of honey. And now I have dinner and some leftover for lunch tomorrow.